Saturday, September 18, 2010

Glow!

Alan and I went to Forest Park to see the Balloon Glow. It is a beautiful scene of inflated hot air balloons lighted by their burners. We had to walk quite a ways since traffic was so bad, but getting to Central Field and walking through all the beautiful balloons was awesome! Every 5 minutes or so, an air-horn would sound and all the balloons would light up in unison. Tomorrow, Energizer presents the 38th Annual Great Forest Park Balloon Race. All the hot air balloon contestants will "chase" the Energizer bunny balloon. We will not be at the race since we will be cheering on the Vols, but still-it sounds pretty cool! After the Glow, Alan and I wandered through the Central West End and had a wonderful dinner on the patio of the Drunken Fish, a great Sushi place! The variety of great activities in St. Louis amazes me!

2 comments:

  1. So this isn't a daily thing, it was just happening because of the balloon race? That sounds neat and really cool to see.

    btw- Erica, when I'm there in a couple of weeks will you teach me how to do a cool blog like this one? Maybe I'll be motivated to post more blogs if my color scheme and background are as awesome as yours.

    On another note, Alan suggested I stay with ya'll so the old folk that scamper off and we could still hang out- I like that idea if that's good with you. I actually was thinking that all along but I do suppose I should have asked if staying with ya'll was ok. :) Dad snores.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems like there's tons of fun unique things to do in St. Louis! What a fun place to live!

    ReplyDelete