Saturday, June 4, 2011

Summer Nights

I feel as though summer has truly begun! Last night, Alan and I went to the Parkway Drive-In movie theater in Maryville. We picked up dinner at Sonic on our way and once we got there pulled out camping chairs to watch our double feature- X-Men: First Class and Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides. I loved that we were sitting outside on a summer night enjoying a classic East-Tennessee date night. The movies were great, the people watching in between shows may have been better!
Tonight, we met Patrick and Elizabeth who are in town this weekend at Bruster's which is one of my all-time favorite ice cream shops. I had what I normally get: the chocolate raspberry truffle and Alan got cookies 'n cream...Yum! It was fun to see Patrick and Elizabeth while they are here and get to catch up with all their happenings in Nashville. Stephen, one of Patrick's best friends, also came with them- along with Christa and Annie so we had a fun little group hang-out at the Bruster's in Rocky Hill...good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment