Monday, November 7, 2011

Love & Basketball

Well, not quite. So last Thursday- Alan and I went to the first UT exhibition basketball game. We were given tickets at the last minute so Alan and I (yes- shamefully admit) skipped out on Small Group to see the Vols begin their season with new head coach, Cuonzo Martin. They did not look too impressive, but did manage to pull off a win!
On Saturday, Alan and I went to the UT vs MTSU Homecoming game. And that's where the "love" part comes in... I guess! I will now admit that as a college sorority girl back in the day, I (along with many other ladies) dreamed about meeting some super cute and oh so fun guy during the week of Homecoming. How many hours were spent at the fraternity house painting, pomping, and trying to race against the clock to have everything ready on time! Alan and I actually did Homecoming together our senior year and I do remember a few conversations we had that left my head spinning :) I guess the rest is history...
So based on all that, I couldn't help but take a picture of all the sorority ladies and fraternity men accepting their hard-earned awards from ACE after a long, and I'm sure quite fun, Homecoming week!
The alumni band members even made it back for Homecoming and participated in the ever-so-popular Circle Drill. Gotta love the band... and Homecoming!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment