Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Cookie Exchange

Monday night was the 4th annual Christmas Cookie Exchange, and what a party it was! In the past, I have invited girlfriends over for appetizers and drinks and to exchange Christmas cookies. Well this year, I decided to progress it a little and go ahead and serve a dinner. The menu was set: beef tenderloin, cheese grits, strawberry salad, rolls, and dessert (in addition to the cookies of course!) I was so excited! Well, literally at the last minute (ok, maybe a few hours before the party) I had quite a few people cancel due to various reasons. Well at first I was bummed and then a streak of brilliance (and a little bit of craziness) hit me: I would call everyone who was coming and invite their families too. Well, this not only made up for the people who were't able to be there, but actually ended up doubling my guest list. But the more the merrier right?! So with the help of my sweet mother-in-law, we scrambled to set additional places at tables, locate more chairs, etc. It ended up being such a fun night! All the husbands and babies got to come which they loved (and let's face it, at this point in life, most of the guys probably helped in one way or another with their wives' cookies too) God was so good in letting there literally be just the perfect amount of food and I think almost everyone had a place to sit too! The cookie exchange itself was great with Kendal being awarded prettiest cookie, Susan being awarded best cookie story, and Clayton (Danielle's husband) being awarded most festive attire. I made Oatmeal Cookie Cream Pies for the exchange which you can get the recipe here All the cookies were delicious (yes, I stayed up after everyone left and tasted each one!) and although the night was a little bit more chaotic than I had originally anticipated, we were all able to enjoy our familes and friends who make this time of year so special!

No comments:

Post a Comment