Monday, June 18, 2012

Sweet Summertime

Oh this past weekend went by so fast!  I seriously cannot believe it's already Monday- where does the time go?!  I think weekends go by more quickly in the summer...  Friday night we went over to the Martin's for a summer pot-luck on their patio, it was perfect!  The weather could not have been better!
Amanda and Chris were the grill masters of the night, and everyone else brought delicious sides and dessert. I had to take a snapshot of all the yumminess!
Saturday morning, Alan and I joined my family on a quick road-trip to Johnson City for the day to see Rachel, meet her family, and visit the farm where she and Colin might get married.  I am so thankful God has provided such a sweet family to be Colin's in-laws, they are great!  The farm was beautiful (see picture of the house below) and Rachel's mom also made us a wonderful dinner so we had a fun time getting to know them all better before heading back to Knoxville.
Sunday after church, we went over to my parents' house to celebrate Father's Day! I am so thankful for my dad who has been such an amazing example to me throughout the years. He is always willing to offer advice, support, and encouragement to me- and also to Alan. Here is a picture from one of my favorite days with my dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment