Monday, September 16, 2013

Cheers to 30 Years!

Last Thursday Alan turned the Big 3-0! I wanted to do something special to celebrate so we had a party this past weekend. I am so thankful for his life!
I loved that so many people came to celebrate with us! Nonnie we missed you!!!
Cheers to 30 Years!
One of Alan's goals was that when he turned 30 he would run his first full marathon... 26.2 miles. He is currently training to run in the St. Jude Marathon in Memphis this December. In lieu of gifts we asked people to donate to his Hero Campaign to help him reach his fundraising goal. You can learn more about that here and if you want to donate we'll send you a koozie or two!



Knowing Alan you understand that we not only had to have the UT game on but the Alabama/Texas A&M game too, ha! It was a fun day for football (but not the Vols, sadly).
Go Vols!

my sweet parents
my siblings except for Colin which we left a space for :)


BBQ, mac n cheese, baked beans, potato salad, and a green salad... yum!
It was an AMAZING fall day and we had awesome weather!



group picture!
Natty Em's made Alan's birthday cake for me and Natalie did an incredible job! I was so pleased and everyone loved it!


You're never too old to blow out a few candles... make a wish!

beautiful sunset
Towards the end we built a fire and it was the perfect night for it!
Happy Birthday, babe! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment