Sunday, September 28, 2014

We can't live in a Bubble

I guess tonight I'm a little frustrated because ever since Trey was born I feel like I have been that first-time, over-protective mom who has asked people to wash their hands before holding him, I've used the paci wipes if his paci falls on the ground, etc. the list goes on. Well this past week, I thought to myself, "he's almost 3 months old, maybe I'm being a bit extreme" so there were a few times when I decided to take the more laid-back approach and what happens? He gets sick. I am so upset over this. Poor little guy struggles to breath, has a head full of snot, I hate it for him. This picture is of him today: he has been a little champ about it while I on the other hand have been a hot mess. I was venting to Alan about it yesterday  (probably out of fear more than anything else) and his response to me was "we can't live in a bubble" and while I get that, as a parent... how do you find the right balance? Now he (Alan) has been amazing and so supportive. I know he didn't say that to me flippantly or anything but for some reason that has really stuck with me because sometimes, I want that bubble! I think that is the evil one at times though causing fear to overwhelm me, when I just need to remind myself that the Lord has ordered every breath we take and I need to trust Him with all things. Now I do hope you excuse me if I am a little on edge as we work our way through this first sickness but what I hope to take away from this experience more than anything is to truly trust God with everything. I've found myself praying a  song we've been singing at my moms and more Bible study on Tuesday mornings:

God I look to You
I won't be overwhelmed
Give me vision to see things like You do
God I look to You
You're where my help comes from
Give me wisdom, You know just what to do

And I will love You Lord my strength
And I will love You Lord my shield
And I will love You Lord my rock
Forever all my days I will love You God

Hallelujah our God reigns
Hallelujah our God reigns
Hallelujah our God reigns
Forever all my days Hallelujah

No comments:

Post a Comment