Sunday, April 29, 2012

Perspective

I will start by saying this has been a tough week.  Long days at the office, our house falling through, I was ready for the weekend.  

This morning, our external hard-drive crashed.  

All of our pictures from the past 5 years of marriage... yes, I was almost physically sick.  1st Christmas... New York... Europe... you don't even want to imagine how I felt, or picture the temper tantrum I pitched in front of my husband (that was definitely a new all-time low for me).  We have looked into it, and there is a possibility we may be able to recover what was on it. But, it's going to be $$$.  So for the rest of the day, I have been throwing myself a small pity party.

Until I came across this that one of my friend's posted on Facebook:  Avery's Bucket List

I then felt ashamed.  Ashamed of the fact that I got so upset today about pictures.  Pictures.  Ashamed of the fact that I caved at something so trivial when this little girl's family has embraced something so impossibly hard and devastating.  I then felt thankful beyond words for the health that God has blessed me and my family with.  Health.  Something that is such a gift but something that I take for granted almost every single day.  Something that no amount of money can buy.  It definitely made me think about the last 12 hours from a different perspective.  With complete and humble thanks. 

1 comment:

  1. Erica, on a side note, Todd works with computers/servers. I don't know if he can help, but I can certainly ask if you'd like.

    ReplyDelete