Sunday, July 8, 2012

What a Week!

I feel like so much has happened this past week! The 4th of July was on Wednesday so Alan and I began the day at the Farragut Parade.  We had a good time socializing with neighbors and friends, watching the cars/floats that passed by, and getting the freebies that are handed out each year.  I'm pretty sure Alan got several "free chicken sandwich" coupons from Chick-Fil-A :)  After the parade, we crashed Lauren and Tony's pool since they are out of town with Becky and Mike.  It was great to chat with them as they prepare for Anderson. We made plans to go to Foothills (one of my all-time faves) on Saturday night (which sadly never happened, read on...rain check!!!) 
After some pool time we went over to my parents' house and spent the remainder of the afternoon over there and then stayed for dinner.  My mom made these beautiful layered jello treats for dessert.  Don't you think these could be on Pinterest?! I think so :)
 my sweet family (minus a few...)
So, why didn't we go to Foothills on Saturday?! Because sweet Anderson Robert Staton made his debut on Thursday night around 7:45pm! Becky and Mike are in love and we are all oh so happy for them. He is precious and I cannot wait to see the sweet boy he becomes!
Lastly, Alan and I completed the weekend by going out to Melton Hill Lake to roller-blade. Yes it's true (don't judge) and yes that is why we drove 20 minutes away from Knoxville: because Alan didn't want to see a single person we might know, ha! I will say, I don't think I've roller-bladed since high middle-school but I admit it was pretty fun and the night could not have been better!
One last thing, 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY NONNIE!!! XOXO

2 comments:

  1. I am so sad about foothills but can't wait to get a babysitter and make reservations! Thank you for being our first visitors in the hospital- it was so special and we really appreciated it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the birthday wishes! I also enjoyed the serenade. I really enjoy your blog because it keeps me up with all that's going on with you.
    Nonnie
    XXXXOOOO

    ReplyDelete