Monday, August 5, 2013

Spring Break...Catch Up!

After an embarrassingly long blog hiatus I am back and promise to try to be better about keeping up with this. I really don't know what hit me, I guess just the busyness of life, but that is a lame excuse I know. Before I catch you up on what we have most recently been up to, I thought I would do my best to summarize what happened this spring:

My 29th Birthday
I celebrated my last birthday in my twenties with Alan at one of our favorite restaurants, Foothills Milling Company. If you haven't been there before, I would highly recommend it! My family celebrated my birthday and my dad's together since they're only 5 days apart. I must say that some pretty wonderful things have happened in my twenties but I'm really not that apprehensive about my thirties... I say that now while that still seems a long way off!


UT Young Alumni Orange and White Game Event
Alan and I attended this year's Orange and White game with the UT Young Alumni. We had so much fun visiting the locker room before the game and then hearing some of the football players speak about the upcoming season. We then got to watch the game from the skybox which was a fun experience.
Proud Wife Comment: Alan was actually selected this spring to be part of the UT Young Alumni Council which is a two year commitment where he will work with others to execute and promote the University of Tennessee through young alumni events!

Junior League Rose Gala
At the end of each Junior League year we have our annual gala on the eve of the Kentucky Derby and the theme is "Big Hats, Bigger Hearts". Alan and I dressed in our derby attire and made a night of it! It's really fun coming together with women I've worked alongside all year and just have a night of fun and festivities. I also may or may not really enjoy getting to dress up!

Memorial Day
This year my mom's sister Claire and her husband Peter came in town from Connecticut. It was so great spending this holiday with them and the rest of our families.
Learn Something New Everyday Moment: I have always wanted to know how to steam live lobsters and then shell them so for the holiday, we got our lobsters and then Claire taught everyone the entire process start to finish. It wasn't as hard as I thought and did I mention delicious?!

Brittany & Paul's Wedding
In June, Alan's family congregated at a lodge on the Nantahala River for his cousin Brittany's wedding. Brittany and Paul met in college at Furman and truly make each other so happy. Despite ALL the rain we've gotten this spring, it was a beautiful day with much celebration!

4th of July
We started our holiday with lunch at Frussie's Deli in south Knoxville which was a real treat! Definitely one of the best sandwiches in Knoxville. Alan's parents had a neighborhood party which we went to that afternoon with some friends of ours which was so much fun! Also, two of my mom's brother's and their families came in town from Florida, North Carolina, Alabama, and Colorado. It was so much fun spending time with everyone which is something that unfortunately doesn't happen as often as we'd like with so many people trying to coordinate schedules. We had a great time hanging out together, eating wonderful food, and shooting off tons of fireworks! 

Cardinals vs. Braves Game
While we didn't make it to St. Louis this year, we did just recently go to a Cardinals game when they played the Braves in Atlanta. We've enjoyed this little post-season rivalry between these two teams and getting to see the Cardinals play is always a good time. Hopefully, we'll make it to St. Louis next year!

Stay tuned for our anniversary trip to Kiawah! 

No comments:

Post a Comment