Thursday, December 2, 2010

Tis the Season

I realize that it is only the second day of December, but I am already finding myself extremely distracted by the fact that Christmas is almost here! Everywhere I look, I see lights and garland...thank goodness I've started my Christmas shopping or else I would feel like I am already running behind!

I am so excited about Christmas this year! For Alan and I, this year will be new and different having never celebrated Christmas in a city other than Knoxville; however, God has been so good to us in providing a great church and wonderful friends and because of His provision, we go into this holiday season with joy and anticipation!

Several of the girls I have met even decided to do a Christmas Cookie Exchange similar to what I've hosted the past couple of years in Knoxville, so I'm really looking forward to that! We also have a couple Christmas parties already on our calendar! At bible study this week we talked about taking time just to talk to God throughout the day, so despite all of the hustle and bustle this time of year, I will remember that Jesus is the reason for the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment