Thursday, January 13, 2011

Recovery Update

I have been going to Eye Care Associates of Saint Louis for follow up visits as my eye continues to heal. The Ophthalmologist I have been seeing, Dr. Breit, has been wonderful. At my appointment yesterday, I was taken off the Atropine, which are the dilator drops, because at this point, the chance of a re-bleed or scar tissue forming is extremely low. The Pred Forte, which are the steroid drops, was decreased from 4 times per day to 3 times per day. Over the next week, my pupil should go back to its normal size and my vision should clear up dramatically. Dr. Breit said there is a very small chance that the pupil will stay the dilated width after a trauma, so I do covet your continued prayers for a complete recovery, and will keep you updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment