Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Resolutions

Get organized...

Learn something new...

Lose weight and get into shape...

Spend more time with family and friends...

I get a little bit overwhelmed when I think about all the things that Alan and I look forward to this year and hope to accomplish in 2011. Wikipedia defines a New Year's Resolution as a commitment that an individual makes to a personal goal, project, or the reforming of a habit. It is further set apart from other aspirations in that it is made in anticipation of the New Year and new beginnings. I wonder why it is that I so often put things off in December and say to myself, "I'll start that after the first of the year..." Why is that date so important?! Why not just begin right then?! I am excited about what 2011 will bring and pray Alan and I are up for the challenges, but also that as new possibilities arise we won't put them off, but start right away!

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly how you feel! Good resolution to be more resolute.

    ReplyDelete