Thursday, January 20, 2011

Snowed In!

Alan and I woke up this morning to 5 inches of snow on the ground. Boo! He has class and I have work, and this much snow has made it impossible for us to leave our apartment today. Alan tried to get out earlier this morning to go to his 10 o'clock class (his 9 o'clock class had already been cancelled) but after seeing 3 wrecks right outside our neighborhood, and realizing the interstate was also a nightmare, he decided to forgo trying to get to Wash U today and just come home. I'm so glad he did! We are still sharing a car right now as we have not found a car for me quite yet, so something potentially happening to Alan's car also at this point would be a really bad thing! I took a personal day today (because my store was still open despite the weather) so we are both at home safe and trying to get some things done here. Saint Louis is also suppose to get more snow tonight. Boo again! Pray for us that God will continue protecting us during this scary winter weather. The picture at the top is from a blog about the Saint Louis Botanical Gardens (which we haven't been to yet, but it's on our list of places to go) and I liked it because it's of a "Cardinal" in the middle of winter...cheesy I know. The rest of the pictures are ones we took today just outside our apartment. Love to you all, stay safe and warm!
Icicles on tree branches
Sidewalk right outside our apartment

No comments:

Post a Comment