Thursday, March 31, 2011

Opening Day

Today Alan and I experienced what all Cardinal fans look forward to over the cold winter months...OPENING DAY!! About a month ago, Alan and I (along with other members of our family) entered a lottery for tickets to Opening Day. Nonnie, Mitchell, and Katie all won! What can I say...I married into a family of winners! Alan went to his morning classes and then we headed downtown. We parked at the law firm that Alan is interning at this semester, I was impressed! Here's a view of the building:
Sandberg Phoenix & von Gontard PC is the name of the firm
this is Alan's office!
view from his window
we walked about 2 blocks to Kiener Plaza where a lot of Gameday activities were taking place
the fountain was red for the festivities
Fredbird found me and gave me a kiss
it's a beautiful day in Saint Louis!
LOVE the Arch in the field :)
our seats were in the shade so we had to put our jackets back on!
beautiful Clydesdale horses
Stan Musial came to Opening Day along with a lot of other Hall-of-Famers
2011 Cardinal team ready for the game to begin
bomber planes flying over the field at the end of the National Anthem...very cool
I love Fredbird
Take me out to the ballgame!

1 comment:

  1. So jealous! A lot of my family was there too! Great photos!

    ReplyDelete