Friday, November 1, 2013

30 Days of Thanks: Day 1

I've never done one of these daily blogs but I thought: what the heck, it's a good motivator to stay consistent with my blogging and I can't think of a better topic: giving thanks. I've found that it is sometimes hard to give thanks, in fact, it can be a lot easier to complain at times. However, I usually find myself confessing this attitude to the Lord and praying for a heart full of gratitude instead. I just finished reading the book The Hiding Place and wow! That's a testament of giving thanks in all circumstances if I've ever seen one (I would also highly recommend the book!) So here goes!
Day 1: I am thankful for my husband, Alan. He is my very best friend. He knows me inside and out. At times, I am humbled by his love because he knows me so well. He knows when my heart is ugly and sees me at my worst (usually when I'm tired and/or hungry or both!) He is the spiritual leader of our household and someone who challenges me in my own walk with Christ. He loves my family (I love his family!) He has a great sense of adventure and lives life to the fullest. Yes, I am so thankful for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment