Monday, November 11, 2013

30 Days of Thanks: Day 11

Day 11: Today I am thankful to live in a free country, and more importantly, I am thankful for those who have served and are serving for that freedom. It is such an incredible blessing and I will probably never fully understand just how truly fortunate we are to live in nation that was founded upon biblical principles and freedom. There is so much I take for granted each and every day, so many liberties I don't even think about. I am thankful that as a nation, we recognize and honor those who allow us the privilege to enjoy those liberties. Of course, I must give a shout out to my brother, Colin, who is currently serving in the United States Marine Corps. General MacArthur said it best when he stated, "I have just returned from visiting the Marines at the front, and there is not a finer fighting organization in the world."

No comments:

Post a Comment